KAS Collection LLC. is currently accepting resume for interns for various departments including: creative design, technical design, public relations, marketing and operations. Note that a transcript maybe requested.
In one word, KennyKAS is passion. It is about the intense emotion, grand enthusiasm, and creative spirit of one company and their love of fashion. KAS Collection LLC. is a high-end couture fashion company which specializes in sophisticated evening wear, stylish men and women business suits, and high fashion urban apparel.
Based in Washington DC, L.A., New York City, KAS Collection LLC. has established themselves in the fashion industry as a unique and visionary company who is ahead of their time. The company currently owns the licenses, trademarks and trade names of “KennyKAS Customs", KAS Collection”, “KAS Collection LLC.”, “Kenneth E. Flanagan Collections”, “Drastic’ Collection”, “W.E.T. (With Exceptional Taste)”, “KAS Couture” and “House of Glynda”, “House of KAS”.
For our Internship Programs, KAS Collection LLC. is currently accepting resumes for interns for various departments including: creative design, technical design, public relations, marketing, and operations.
These internships provide students with valuable hands-on experience and give them the ability to begin learning the skills necessary to prepare for a career in the fashion industry. We offer interns flexible working hours, a creative and exciting working environment, and opportunities to interact with professionals in the industry — designers, photographers, stylists, buyers, manufactures, etc. Email all resumes to email@example.com. Put internship candidate in subject heading. Please be sure to include days/hours of availability. No phone calls please.
This is a NON-PAID Internship for CREDIT.
Candidate must be mature, self-starting, work well with others as well as independently, and have a great desire to learn about the fashion industry.
To be eligible for a KAS Collection internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university.
- Be eligible to receive credit for this internship from your college/university.
- Be of Junior or Senior status.
- Grade point average: 3.0 minimum
- Past retail or fashion industry experience preferred but not required.
- Organized, detail oriented, punctual, responsible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Be creative and outgoing
We are looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Proven working experience in social media or related field
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational abilities
BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
This is an exciting opportunity for a student to gain invaluable experience in public relations, marketing, corporate communications, and event planning. Good communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Proficiency with basic computer programs (Word, Excel) is expected. Knowledge of more advanced programs (PhotoShop, Access) is helpful.
- Work directly with the VP of Operations on day-to-day business of the company e.g. emails, pitch calls, appearance scheduling, etc.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing and pr campaigns.
- Assist in the planning of KAS Collection shows
- Provide event planning assistance
Interns in this department work with a production team to learn how to build and execute product according to the quality standards.
Students will learn how to maintain these quality standards through fit and pattern analysis, development of appropriate construction methods and accurately written product and measurement specifications. Interns will also gain an understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Strong creative and technical design
- Ability to develop and present a product line
- Knowledge of building garment specifications
- Experience communicating with domestic and off shore manufacturing facilities ( Will Train)
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external
- Creative/out-of-the-box thinker
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and computer skills
Interns work closely with head designer to learn how to build and execute product according to the quality standards. Candidates also learn the development of appropriate construction methods and accurately written product.
- Ability to sketch ideas
- Draw and cut patterns to create sample garments
- Select fabric and trimmings
- Combine basic dressmaking and tailoring principles with flat pattern work and draping techniques
- Fit and modify the finished garment
- Arrange showings for press and buyers when the sample garment line is ready
- Compare merchandise with those of the competitors
- Keep current on trends by reading trade magazines, attending fashion shows, and visiting textile showrooms.
- Ensures that garments are ready for KAS Collection shows and photo shoots.